JOIN OUR WORK TRADE TEAM!
NOT YOUR TYPICAL VOLUNTEER GIG
The Work Trade Program is an opportunity for your skills and our needs to be met! We have a variety of roles available to keep our space running smoothly for our members. For your service and time, we’ll give you a free membership in exchange.
AVAILABLE WORK TRADE ROLES:
COMMUNITY HOST SUPPORT
Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (Pick 1 shift)
A friendly welcome and knowledgeable guidance can improve anyone’s day. At Impact Hub MSP, where mission-driven entrepreneurs build businesses to tackle local and global challenges, creating a sense of welcome helps our members succeed. We are recruiting five community hosts to welcome people to the space, enforce pandemic safety rules, and keep the space looking good for visitors.
Send your resume to [email protected] if you’re interested in taking on this critical role! We anticipate this work beginning in May 2021.
- Welcome members and their guests to the space for 5-8 hours one day a week
- Members check in
- Make connections to Hub staff for questions about members’ business needs (one staff member will be on-site)
- COVID safety enforcement
- Enforce social distancing and mask rules
- Ensure that everyone entering the space checks in for contact tracing
- Give tours of the space to drop-in guests curious about membership
- Clean touched surfaces
- Vacuum / clean floors 1x per shift
- Check trash and recycling daily and take to dumpster
- Interest in mission-driven business (experience preferred)
- Proficient in written and spoken English (other languages an asset!)
- Ability to lift 25 pounds or push 40 pounds
- Commitment to welcome any visitor to a space that is inclusive of all races, genders, religions, and other elements of identity
1 MILLION CUPS ORGANIZER
Wednesdays 9-10am + 2-3 flexible hours per week
Based on the notion that entrepreneurs discover solutions and engage with their communities over a million cups of coffee, 1 Million Cups is a free program designed to educate, engage and inspire entrepreneurs around the country.
1 Million Cups is a grassroots program, led by a community of volunteer organizers interested in supporting entrepreneurs. As a team, we run weekly events virtually at Impact Hub.
Organizer Roles include:
Recruitment: Help keep the pipeline of presenters full
Social Media: Share what we are doing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn!
All organizers help create a strong 1MC culture
Create a safe and supportive space for presenters and attendees by encouraging positive, constructive feedback
Encourage thought-provoking questions
Come to the event energized
Social Media Specialist
5 flexible hours per week
Impact Hub MSP’s social media work trade is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about building community through a variety of different social media tools.
- Social Media Content Creation and Execution
- Utilize existing social media strategies that are effective and recommend any needed improvements.
- Research best practices for filler content for Facebook and Twitter using already established metrics and tracking
- Manage editorial calendar for all social media channels
- Daily social media posting following format and process above
- Analytics and Metrics
- Track & analyze social media success monthly using simple tracking tools
- Research and recommend methods for garnering more followers for Impact Hub MSP
- Review Impact Hub MSP pages to see what content has highest engagement metrics from the past three months and provide recommendations to Marketing team
- Enhance website SEO
- 5 hours per week for minimum 3 month commitment
In exchange for working 5 hours / week the Hub will trade you:
- A Full Time Hub Membership ($200 value) (Monday-Thursday, 10-4, Friday 10-1)
- Access to our global online network
- Opportunity to network with local changemakers and leaders within our MSP community
- Access to all events and workshops, plus discounted meeting rooms
- Free tea and snacks – whether you are hosting or working for yourself
- Development and Training as part of the hosting team
- Represented on Website
The Impact Hub MSP agrees to be receptive to any comment regarding ways in which we might mutually better accomplish our respective tasks.