JOIN OUR WORK TRADE TEAM- NOT YOUR TYPICAL VOLUNTEER GIG!
The Work Trade Program is an opportunity for your skills and our needs to be met! We have a variety of roles available to keep our space running smoothly for our members. For your service and time, we’ll give you a free membership in exchange.
AVAILABLE WORK TRADE ROLES
1 MILLION CUPS ORGANIZER
Based on the notion that entrepreneurs discover solutions and engage with their communities over a million cups of coffee, 1 Million Cups is a free program designed to educate, engage and inspire entrepreneurs around the country.
1 Million Cups is a grassroots program, led by a community of volunteer organizers interested in supporting entrepreneurs. As a team, we run bi-weekly events at Impact Hub.
Organizer Roles include:
Recruitment: Help keep the pipeline of presenters full
Coaching: Prepare presenters for their presentations
Social Media: Share what we are doing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn!
Emcee: Pump up the audience and keep the event flowing.
Setup: A combined effort to ensure everything is ready for the event. (coffee, banner, A/V, etc.)
All organizers help create a strong 1MC culture
Create a safe and supportive space for presenters and attendees by encouraging positive, constructive feedback
Encourage thought-provoking questions
Come to the event energized
Every other Wednesday from 8:30-10:30
1 hour per month for organizer meetings
1-2 hours per month for organizer specific duties
COMMUNITY HOST SUPPORT
Monday-Friday 10:30-1 (pick 2 shifts)
The Community Host will be primarily responsible for facilitating a welcoming community atmosphere while keeping our space clean and comfortable
- Welcome members and guests as they arrive to the coworking space; orient members and guests to the space and resources
- Perform tasks necessary for a comfortable and visually attractive space including but not limited to general housing keeping, cleaning and straightening
- Walk members through onboarding steps to learn about coworking resources and community; manage administrative member sign-up and renewal processes
- Support office administration, ensuring that the coworking space is well functioning (including ordering and setting up coffee, supporting AV and printer set-up for members and guests, set up and take down of configurable furniture, enforcing norms on cleanliness / tidiness)
- Monitor and track needs of the space to ensure adequate materials and supplies are on hand to meet day-to-day as well as special events needs
COMMUNICATION & EVENTS
5 hours per week
Impact Hub MSP’s social media work trade is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about building community through a variety of different social media tools.
- Social Media Content Creation and Execution
- Utilize existing social media strategies that are effective and recommend any needed improvements.
- Research best practices for filler content for Facebook and Twitter using already established metrics and tracking
- Storytelling and Public Relationship
- Create editorial calendar for all social media channels
- Daily social media posting following format and process above
- Analytics and Metrics
- Track & analyze social media success monthly using simple tracking tools
- Research and recommend methods for garnering more followers for Impact Hub MSP
- Review Impact Hub MSP Facebook and Twitter pages to see what content has highest engagement metrics from the past three months and provide recommendations to Marketing team
- Enhance website SEO
- Other Marketing Projects
- Work with Marketing team and Director to assist with other marketing projects, including but not limited to venue/event marketing, traditional and social media ads, event networking, and other offline opportunities.
- Visual Media Design
- Help us tell the story of Impact Hub by creating engaging visual designs to accompany our communications, posts, and stories.
5 hours a week
- Research & relationship building within the art community
- Identify local artists interested in showcasing their artwork at the Hub. Maintain updated knowledge of the art market in the Twin Cities.
- Develop and Implement Exhibitions
- Conceptualize, plan and install exhibitions
- Manage collections
- Record and catalog artwork and items in collections. Ensure adequate care of on loan pieces and permanent collections
- Create programming
- Develop and oversee programs/events highlighting the artists
- 5 hours per week for minimum 3 month commitment
- A Full Time Coworking Membership for work trade commitment time frame (Access Monday-Friday 9-5)
- Curated, thoughtful introductions to the movers and shakers in the MSP social enterprise community when requested
- References from core team members to put on your resume going forward
- Access to Hub events and programming