JOIN OUR WORK TRADE TEAM- NOT YOUR TYPICAL VOLUNTEER GIG!
The Work Trade Program is an opportunity for your skills and our needs to be met! We have a variety of roles available to keep our space running smoothly for our members. For your service and time, we’ll give you a free membership in exchange.
AVAILABLE WORK TRADE ROLES
1 MILLION CUPS ORGANIZER
Based on the notion that entrepreneurs discover solutions and engage with their communities over a million cups of coffee, 1 Million Cups is a free program designed to educate, engage and inspire entrepreneurs around the country.
1 Million Cups is a grassroots program, led by a community of volunteer organizers interested in supporting entrepreneurs. As a team, we run bi-weekly events at Impact Hub.
Organizer Roles include:
Recruitment: Help keep the pipeline of presenters full
Coaching: Prepare presenters for their presentations
Social Media: Share what we are doing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn!
Emcee: Pump up the audience and keep the event flowing.
Setup: A combined effort to ensure everything is ready for the event. (coffee, banner, A/V, etc.)
All organizers help create a strong 1MC culture
Create a safe and supportive space for presenters and attendees by encouraging positive, constructive feedback
Encourage thought-provoking questions
Come to the event energized
Every other Wednesday from 8:30-10:30
1 hour per month for organizer meetings
1-2 hours per month for organizer specific duties
COMMUNITY HOST SUPPORT
Monday-Friday 10:30-1 (pick 2 shifts)
The Community Host will be primarily responsible for facilitating a welcoming community atmosphere while keeping our space clean and comfortable
- Welcome members and guests as they arrive to the coworking space; orient members and guests to the space and resources
- Perform tasks necessary for a comfortable and visually attractive space including but not limited to general housing keeping, cleaning and straightening
- Walk members through onboarding steps to learn about coworking resources and community; manage administrative member sign-up and renewal processes
- Support office administration, ensuring that the coworking space is well functioning (including ordering and setting up coffee, supporting AV and printer set-up for members and guests, set up and take down of configurable furniture, enforcing norms on cleanliness / tidiness)
- Monitor and track needs of the space to ensure adequate materials and supplies are on hand to meet day-to-day as well as special events needs
COMMUNICATION & EVENTS
5 hours per week
Impact Hub MSP’s social media work trade is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about building community through a variety of different social media tools.
- Social Media Content Creation and Execution
- Utilize existing social media strategies that are effective and recommend any needed improvements.
- Research best practices for filler content for Facebook and Twitter using already established metrics and tracking
- Storytelling and Public Relationship
- Create editorial calendar for all social media channels
- Daily social media posting following format and process above
- Analytics and Metrics
- Track & analyze social media success monthly using simple tracking tools
- Research and recommend methods for garnering more followers for Impact Hub MSP
- Review Impact Hub MSP Facebook and Twitter pages to see what content has highest engagement metrics from the past three months and provide recommendations to Marketing team
- Enhance website SEO
- Other Marketing Projects
- Work with Marketing team and Director to assist with other marketing projects, including but not limited to venue/event marketing, traditional and social media ads, event networking, and other offline opportunities.
- Visual Media Design
- Help us tell the story of Impact Hub by creating engaging visual designs to accompany our communications, posts, and stories.
5 hours per week
The Grant Writer Work Traders will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with staff to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
*Please send a writing sample along with your resume.*
- 5 hours per week for minimum 3 month commitment
- A Full Time Coworking Membership for work trade commitment time frame (Access Monday-Friday 9-5)
- Curated, thoughtful introductions to the movers and shakers in the MSP social enterprise community when requested
- References from core team members to put on your resume going forward
- Access to Hub events and programming