Impact Hub’s Work Trade Program is an opportunity for your skills and our needs to be met! We have a variety of roles available to keep our space running smoothly for our members. For your time and service, we’ll give you a free Part Time Membership!
Join our Work Trade Team!
Available Work Trade Roles
5+ hours a week (Monday-Friday, 9-5)
The Community Host will be primarily responsible for facilitating a welcoming community atmosphere while keeping our space clean and comfortable
- Welcome members and guests as they arrive to the coworking space; orient members and guests to the space and resources
- Perform tasks necessary for a comfortable and visually attractive space including but not limited to general housing keeping, cleaning and straightening
- Walk members through onboarding steps to learn about coworking resources and community; manage administrative member sign-up and renewal processes
- Support office administration, ensuring that the coworking space is well functioning (including ordering and setting up coffee, supporting AV and printer set-up for members and guests, set up and take down of configurable furniture, enforcing norms on cleanliness / tidiness)
- Monitor and track needs of the space to ensure adequate materials and supplies are on hand to meet day-to-day as well as special events needs
5 hours a week *Must be available Wednesday mornings from 8:30-10:30 am
1 MILLION CUPS is a free, nationwide program designed to educate, engage and accelerate early-stage startups. We believe in the notion that entrepreneurs can discover solutions and thrive when they collaborate over a million cups of coffee.
We are looking for volunteers to help grow our 1 MIllion Cups Community through two main areas:
- Recruitment: Recruitment keeps the pipeline of presenters full. This person should be well- connected in the community and have expert knowledge of the presenter application process. The organizer with this role will use the 1MC community website and help guide potential presenters through the application process, ensuring they successfully submit their applications.
Social Media: This has proven to be a great way to engage your community and local entrepreneurs. It involves building a following and engagement through your community’s Twitter account (created by 1MC HQ) as well as any additional, approved social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, etc.). This person should be savvy with social media and should create content that regularly promotes your community, including video. Social media, primarily Twitter, should be a key component of your Wednesday event. This organizer also should keep up with the 1MC social media channel on Slack.
Have other skills and talents you would be willing to share with Impact Hub? We are always open to providing project based opportunities to amazing volunteers like you!
Some potential projects include;
- Help us implement a new CRM! We are interested in exploring Hubspot, but open to other softwares.
- Maintenance. Are you a handy person? We could use help doing small maintenance projects around our space (changing lightbulbs, watering plants, troubleshooting issues, etc.)
- Hosting workshops and events for our community.
- Writing blog posts.
- Help decorate our space with local artwork, new poster designs, etc.
Let us know if you have a project idea in mind!
- Interest in mission-driven business
- Commitment to joining an inclusive community that is welcoming of all races, genders, religions and other elements of identity.
- 5 hours per week for minimum of 3 month commitment
In exchange for working 5 hours / week the Hub will trade you:
- A Full Time Hub Membership ($200 value)
- Access to our global online network
- Opportunity to network with local changemakers and leaders within our MSP community
- Access to all events and workshops
- Represented on Website