Hiring: Community Host
Application at the bottom of this page. Deadline to apply is August 13th.
Start date is September 5th.
OVERVIEWImpact Hub MSP is an innovation lab, a business incubator, a social enterprise community center, and a home base for impact innovators in our region. Impact Hub MSP offers a unique aggregate of co-working, classes, peer-to-peer learning groups, and public events. We aim to inspire and support purpose driven entrepreneurs and changemakers.
The OpportunityOur Community Host plays a key role in creating a great experience for all visitors to the Impact Hub MSP. The Community Host is the first point of contact for all members and guests to the space and works to make sure they feel welcome and connected to all the great resources we have to offer. Host responsibilities include:
- Greet all members and guests and guide everyone to key spaces and activities
- Give tours to potential new members and guests
- Lead new member orientations to help them take advantage of all that we have to offer
- Administrative and light tech support as needed, including mail pick-up, guest printer setup, and event room set-up
- Answer Impact Hub office phone and directing messages to the appropriate staff member.
- Serve as a resource for members and guests about the building, neighborhood, nearby restaurants, business services, etc. Build community through member introductions. Checking in with members about their work and interests and facilitating connections between members.
- Assist with light space cleaning, including washing dishes, cleaning coffee bar, tidying up after events or meetings, and taking out the trash and recycling.
- Manage conference room reservations and space rentals including the online booking system, payment processes and invoicing.
- Assist with ordering supplies and other office management as needed.
Are we a match?
- You are naturally curious and interested in learning about people, their passions, and their work.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a customer service or relevant retail role.
- You have excellent verbal and written language skills and are able to use multiple platforms for communications
- You enjoy connecting people and are self-organizing, independent, solution driven and hands on.
- You are comfortable with basic technology, such as Google drive and Slack
JOB SPECIFICATIONRole: Full time, 40 hours/week Position: Community Host Compensation:
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Health care stipend, vacation and sick days
- Full access to our space and community!
APPLICATIONPlease submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 8th, 2017 (midnight CST), telling us why are interested in this opportunity. Interviews will be conducted August 14-18th and this position starts September 5th, 2017. Impact Hub is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to a diverse workforce that represents our Minneapolis - St. Paul community
Having trouble submitting? Email your application to email@example.com.