Impact Hub Minneapolis-St.Paul and the new FINNovation Lab have developed a strategic collaboration to create a world-class community and destination for impact entrepreneurs. This Collaboration combines two of the most advanced initiatives in our region for building infrastructure, community and resources for impact entrepreneurs and social businesses.
Together we will be both local and global, prototyping a first-of-its-kind civic innovation and business model. We will leverage the strength of the global Hub network with over 100 Impact Hubs and 16,000 members with the brand strength and innovative new concept of the FINNEGANS House.
We are excited about how the Collaboration will help deliver on our mission to curate a social entrepreneurship destination experience with access to space, community, expertise, and capital. We envision a vibrant, inclusive, and successful impact enterprises community in the Twin Cities region that generates meaningful social and economic impact in our region and beyond, and where a growing number of impact enterprises and social entrepreneurs are inspired, nourished, and scaled.
We currently have an opening for a Community Innovation Director in our new Minneapolis office – opening this spring in Elliot Park. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
New member recruitment & oversight
- Oversee development and execution of member recruitment strategies, including identification of target segments, market positioning, communication channels and tactics.
- Speak at high profile events; represent collaboration at key partnership meetings.
Community animation/hosting oversight and member cultivation
- Learning from best practices from other Impact Hubs globally, develop and oversee overall strategy and practices to develop “hosted” co-working environment that facilitates connections between members.
- Supervisor Community Host and meet with new members.
Communities of Practice Strategy and Content Curation
- Identify needs of members/practitioners to develop specific objectives and plans for Communities of Practice (eg. Sustainable Food, Impact Investing).
- Develop understanding of expertise available within the member community to cultivate knowledge sharing in CoPs; identify and bring in external resources/presenters/experts to meet needs of CoPs, as appropriate.
Events Strategy and Oversight
- Provide direction on signature events, including objectives, key audiences, and linkages across the Collaboration.
- Refine plans for low-touch, regular events by gathering member input.
Neighborhood Program Partnership Development & Oversight
- Identify win-win areas to develop and sustain partnership.
- Collaborate with staff on joint funding proposals as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years in a leadership position working with community engagement, customer service and/or event management
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, including ability to bridge relationships and connect needs with resources, superb listening and empathy skills, and ability to encourage member participation and develop welcoming atmosphere.
- Facilitation and public speaking experience.
- Experience with event conceptualization and strategy.
- Marketing and communication background is required.
- Experience supervising employees and managing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Marketing or another related field.
- Creative thinker that’s passionate about social innovation and entrepreneurship!
Job Type: Full-time
Application deadline: February, 22nd, 2018
Start the Application Here.