Jobs and Opportunities
We currently have an opportunity for a part-time Community Host in our new Minneapolis office in Elliot Park.
The Community Host will play a critical role in fostering a uniquely collaborative and supportive coworking environment, anchored by peer-to-peer learning and ecosystem-wide innovation. This role sets the tone and is the first impression for members and guests of the Collaboration. Providing an great experience for those entering the our community is the first priority. The Community Host will be primarily responsible for facilitating a welcoming community atmosphere – welcoming members and guests as they arrive at the Impact Hub coworking space and managing all internal member communication, social media, and the community calendar of events. Additional responsibilities will include providing low-touch execution support of the Communities of Practice programming and managing the space rentals program, including coordinating external event space rental requests, managing payments, and overseeing set-up and take down.
The Community Host will work alongside an experienced Community Innovation Director in cultivating the unique coworking community environment, executing events, and marketing and managing space rentals. The Community Host will often provide “right-hand” support to the Community Innovation Director – taking on the responsibility of office management to ensure that the coworking space is well-functioning and current and prospective members’ day-to-day needs are met and directed to the appropriate resources as needed.
We are looking for a highly organized, self-motivated individual with exceptional organizational / administrative skills, dynamic interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to create a welcoming environment. We are looking for someone passionate about social innovation and familiar with / interested in the early-stage startup ecosystem. Ideal candidates will have a customer service, event planning, and / or administration background.
Cultivation of Community Atmosphere
- Welcome members and guests as they arrive to the coworking space; orient members and guests to the space and resources
- Perform tasks necessary for a comfortable and visually attractive space including but not limited to general housing keeping, cleaning and straightening
- Walk members through onboarding steps to learn about coworking resources and community; manage administrative member sign-up and renewal processes
- Execute internal member communication and social media – developing content for regular member newsletters (including community calendar and member spotlights) and managing social media presence
- Support office administration, ensuring that the coworking space is well functioning (including ordering and setting up coffee, supporting AV and printer set-up for members and guests, set up and take down of configurable furniture, enforcing norms on cleanliness / tidiness)
- Monitor and track needs of the space to ensure adequate materials and supplies are on hand to meet day-to-day as well as special events needs
Event Coordination Support
- Assist with planning, cultivation, and execution of regular, member networking events (e.g., documentary nights, coffee breaks, community lunches)
- Provide support for Communities of Practice gatherings, e.g., logistics and AV setup for speakers, meeting reminders, identifying optimal meeting times, coordinating RSVPs, refreshments, etc.
Event Space Rental Logistics
- Drive outreach / cultivation of external event space rental requests (e.g., via social media, newsletters, and in-person networking)
- Coordinate external event space rental requests, including payments and set-up / take-down
- 1 – 2 years of professional experience in a customer service, event planning, and / or administrative role; retail experience a plus
- Demonstrated dynamic interpersonal skills and exceptional organizational / administrative skills
- Strong listening skills and ability to identify needs and solutions autonomously
- Ability to problem-solve and think on one’s feet while embracing a positive, flexible attitude
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities and a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Proven attention to detail through prior work and / or life experience
- Creative thinker that’s passionate about social innovation and entrepreneurship!
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Send resumes/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org