How Good Intentions Can Cause Dependency
Nonprofits, foundations and social businesses are committed to doing good. But sometimes, unforeseen consequences can come from good intentions. Local jobs are lost, solutions fail when volunteers leave or money runs out and poverty can actually increase.
This month, Emanate International shared an enlightening workshop on this topic highlighting the importance of community-driven, sustainable solutions.
If you missed the event, you can watch the recording here.
Food Waste Summit
This month, we were also excited to welcome attendees of the 2022 Food Waste Solutions Summit to Impact Hub MSP.
3 days of insights, innovation, and action happening right in our neighborhood!
Presented by ReFED, the Food Waste Solutions Summit is the premier food waste event of the year, bringing together food businesses, funders, solution providers, innovators, policymakers, nonprofits, and more to drive the adoption of solutions to reach our collective goal of a 50% reduction in food waste by 2030.
Learn more: https://summit.refed.org/
Creating a new brand can be scary. Ashly Kimball, of A Kimball Creative, shared some new, fun ways of thinking to build your values-driven brand.
- If your business was a movie, what genre would it be?
- Look at your business through 3D Glasses
- The red side is your messaging and the blue side is your style/vibe, completing the big picture of your brand!
- You are a character AND the director in your business’ movie – In the middle of crazy entrepreneurship, don’t forget to take a step back and notice what you are building
Community Building and Puzzle Building
When our members aren’t working hard to change the world, we take a little time for fun such as;
- Completing our first communal puzzle
- Taking game breaks. Our favorites right now are Foosball, Connect 4 and Laser Chess
- Weekly Happy Hours – one of which included a special plant exchange with dirt cupcakes
- Giving lots of snuggles to our furry four-legged members